Saturday 16 April 2011

Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream without an ice cream maker

I feel lazy including a vegan recipe with only 2 ingredients, but it's so easy and delicious, I just couldn't resist. Oh and yes, the pictures are horrible, my camera was acting up today.


Prep time about 3-4 hours

Ingredients

2 cups non dairy chocolate milk (I prefer Almond milk, but I only had soy that day)
1/2 cup oreos, about 5-6 cookies



Funny thing about oreos, they are acidently vegan! First, crush up the oreos, I like to break them up in a coffee grinder. Next mix with the milk. It's fastest to use a metal bowl if you can. Place in the freezer.


After 1 hour, mix the milk and cookies vigourously to break up any ice crystals, scraping off anything frozen to the sides. You want to make sure there are no ice crystals left. Place back in freezer and repeat every 1/2 hour until the desired consistency is reached, usually 2-3 hours more. Serve immediatly

Ugh, I swear it looks better in real life, what an awful picture! Make sure to eat it right away. Unless you can set your freezer to stay at about 4 degrees, the ice cream will freeze into an uneatable mess. More, more complicated flavours of ice cream to come!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it tastes great! I'd try it. Can you drizzle anything on top that is vegan friendly? I love oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that some fresh fruit would go nicely, but something that drizzles? Maybe some raspberry sauce! Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete